Children’s Center

The Children’s Center is a National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accredited early education and childcare facility, located at 2 Merrimac Street, in Woburn, Massachusetts. It is licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) to provide full time, year-round childcare and preschool education for children, 4 weeks through 5 years.  Subsidized tuition assistance is available on a sliding scale basis to low and moderate-income families.  Social support services are also available to all parents and children, with a special focus on those families at high risk of child abuse and neglect.  The program’s primary service area includes: Burlington, Wilmington, Winchester and Woburn.

Call us at 781-935-6495, ext. 219, to learn more and/or to schedule a tour of our beautiful, state of the art, early childhood education and care center. Alternatively, email Jessie Bencosme or Brianna Connolly.

Council of Social Concern
2 Merrimac Street
Woburn, MA 01801

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

SNAP and FDPIR State or local agencies, and their subrecipients, must post the following Nondiscrimination Statement:

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email: [email protected]

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.