Auction Terms & Conditions
1. All Attendees must register, pay entree fee, and receive bidder number.
2. All Bidders must be registered to participate in the Auction.
3. All Sales are final. There will be no refunds.
4. All goods & services are sold in "as is-where is" condition. Restrictions may apply to gift certificates.
5. Bids, once made, may not be withdrawn or changed.
6. Merchandise & service values stated are good faith, as estimated by our wonderful Donors.
7. All purchases must be paid in full at the close of the evening or when you are leaving. No checkouts may be completed before the conclusion of the Live Auction to allow proper recording of winning bids. Approved forms of payment are cash, check (payable to "Council of Social Concern"), MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express credit cards. Payment is to be made at the Registration/Check-Out Table on auction night. An Absentee Bidder's credit card will be charged at the end of the evening for any items that she/he had the winning bid.
8. Use only the bidding number issued at the registration desk for bidding on Silent and Live Auction Items and Flex Fund. Raffles may either be paid in cash directly to the seller or credited to the bidding number issued at the registration desk.
9. The Silent Auction requires a Minimum Starting Bid that will be specified on the Silent Auction Bid Sheet. Bids then proceed in predetermined increments. The Silent Auction also utilizes Guaranteed Bidding. The Guaranteed Bid is 150% of the listed item value. Once a bidder has made a Guaranteed Bid on the last line of the Silent Auction Bid Sheet that particular item is "Closed".
10. Once you have verified and paid for your items you will be given a receipt. Take your receipt to the volunteer at the Claims Area to receive your items.
11. All items must be taken home on the night of the auction, unless specified otherwise on the item lising in the program book.
12. The Council of Social Concern has endeavored to describe correctly and completely the property and services being auctioned. The descriptions of many items have been obtained directly from the contributors. Values indicated on some items are estimates. The Council of Social Concern reserves the right to withdraw any items at any time before the actual sale. The Auctioneer reserves the right to make verbal corrections and to provide additional information from the auction block at the time of the sale. The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer during the Live Auction will be the purchaser.
13. The Council of Social Concern can assume no responsibility for and cannot guarantee the validity, authenticity, value, or condition of any item offered for sale, and does not warranty any item sold. No statement contained in the auction catalog or made orally at the sale or elsewhere shall be deemed assumption of liability for tax purposes or for general value. Tax deductible amounts must exceed stated donor value of the item. Consult your tax advisor. The Buyer by his/her purchase waives any claims for liability against either the Council of Social Concern or the donor of the property or services. Neither the Council of Social Concern nor the donor is responsible for any personal injury and/or damage that may result from use of the property or services sold.
14. In the event of any dispute between bidders, an Auction Chairs and/or the President of the Board of Directors will have absolute discretion as to who was the successful bidder. The checkout table personnel will assist anyone with disputes regarding the Silent Auction.